The ISoLA Symposium is a forum for developers, users, and researchers to discuss issues related to the adoption and use of rigorous tools for the specification, analysis, verification, certification, construction, test, and maintenance of systems from the point of view of their different application domains. To bridge the gap between designers and developers of (formal methods based) rigorous tools, and users in engineering and in other disciplines, it fosters and exploits synergetic relationships among scientists, engineers, software developers, decision makers, and other critical thinkers.
In particular, by providing a venue for the discussion of common problems, requirements, algorithms, methodologies, and practices, ISoLA aims at supporting researchers in their quest to improve the utility, reliability, flexibility and efficiency of tools for building systems and users in their search of adequate solutions to their problems. Applications and case studies with a conceptual message and experience papers with a clear link to tool construction are all encouraged.
The Symposium features invited Thematic tracks and sessions containing Research, Survey, Experience, Panel and Tool contributions on the:
- Deduction and model-checking
- System construction and transformation
- Program analysis and verification
- Composition and refinement
- Testing and test-case generation
- Hybrid and safety-critical systems
- Model-based testing and automata learning
- Automotive and mechanical engineering
- Biomechanics, biocomputing
- Electrical engineering, embedded systems, and controllers
- Healthcare and ambient assisted living
- Telecommunications, Internet applications, mobile computing
- Transportation and aviation
- Transformation & processing-oriented industries
- Machine Automation
- International School on Tool-based Rigorous Engineering of Software Systems - STRESS 2018
- Challenge on Rigorous Examination of Reactive Systems - RERS 2018
- The 18th International Conference on Runtime Verification - RV 2018
- Doctoral Symposium with Poster Session and Postconference Proceedings
- Tutorial: To be announced
- Industrial Day
All accepted contributions will be published in the Symposiums' LNCS Proceedings (Springer Verlag). Selected contributions will be invited to the Innovations in Systems and Software Engineering: A NASA Journal (Springer Verlag, London), to Thematic Sections in STTT (Springer Verlag, Heidelberg) or to the newly founded LNCS Transactions on Foundations for Mastering Change (FoMaC).
The Royal Apollonia Beach Hotel is a 5-star hotel situated in the heart of Limassol, on a sandy beach, surrounded by extensive gardens and framed against the glittering Mediterranean Sea.